Monday, January 21, 2013

January 16, 2013

After my scare early in the morning January 15, I realized that I hadn't felt baby girl move all day.  Around 8 pm, we went back to the hospital and they hooked me up to the non stress test.  Baby had a very fast heart rate so the oncall doctor made some calls to see what others thought.  Blank Children's Hospital doctors thought it would be best to get her out.  I am only 32 week pregnant!!   They got me prepped and took me downstairs.  Some NICU nurses came via helicopter to assist with baby when she was born.  I was put to sleep to make the process faster, I of course was scared, all I could think was it's only January!  Caris Jenika was born January 16 at 1:04 am.  She was 4lbs 5 oz and 17 in long,  After she was born they took via helicopter to Blanks. 
     Later that day we got a call saying she was on oxygen and possibly had brain damage.  I was having problems also my heart rate was high and hemoglobin was low.  At one point when they tried to have me walk around I almost passed out again!? By the end of it all I was given 4 bags of blood, I was discharged on January 18 and finally got to head to see my baby girl!
     She is already off oxygen, has a feeding tube and I have gotten to hold her a few times!  She has an MRI today to check into brain function but Dr. is positive, all her organs are working and she is looking around.  Her eyes are starting to dilate but she is having some problems with swallowing her mucas.

WE LOVE YOU CARIS JENIKA and can not wait until you are home with us!  We know you are in a very good place but it is hard on Mommy and Daddy not being able to see you daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment